#ETCoaches Blog Challenge Week 5 and Beyond
I have enjoyed interacting with other #ETCoaches for the past month as we have strengthened our PLN through sharing thoughts and experiences as part of the blog challenge.
As a result of the challenge, I have two goals.
- Read the blog posts that are shared through the #ETCoaches hashtag when I see them, rather than planning to read them later–which rarely happens.
- Continue commenting on blog posts. Before the challenge, I never took the time to comment. I’m beginning to realize that a simple comment or response can be a huge encouragement to the author, and the author wouldn’t be sharing if he or she didn’t want interaction on the topic.
Thanks again to Penny Christensen for organizing the challenge and coaching us through the process of growing our PLN and sharing our voices!
Even thought the #ETCoaches blog challenge is complete, we can still continue the conversation in several ways:
- Tweet with #ETCoaches and add a column for #ETCoaches to Tweetdeck, Hootsuite, or your preferred social media dashboard
- Share your future blog posts with #ETCoaches and explore the links shared by others. Take the time to comment on future blog posts.
- Follow @EdTechCoaches through Twitter
- Join the EdTech Coaches PLN for our upcoming book study of “Integrating Technology in the Classroom” by Dr. Boni Hamilton. All registered participants (ISTE membership required) will receive an ePub copy of the book. Registration opens November 28 and the study runs January 17-February 24. We will discuss the book through a Twitter slow chat using the #ETCoaches hashtag.
- Attend a monthly #ETCoaches Playground webinar. These webinars are led by PLN members who presented at the ISTE 2016 EdTech Coaches PLN Playground.
- Participate in the PLN discussion boards (ISTE Members). The discussion boards are great for questions or answers that require more than 140 characters and all responses are threaded with the question, making the conversation easy to follow.
- If you are a Voxer user, join our #ETCoaches Voxer group by contacting Lisa Hervey (@lisahervey) and she will add you to the group.
- Participate in the #ETCoaches monthly Twitter Chats. They occur on the last Tuesday of the month at 1pm and 8pm EST. Follow @EdTechCoaches for updates and reminders.
- Join and participate in our Google+ Group
- Host an EdTech Coaches PLN meeting at your local or regional conference.
- Visit the EdTech Coaches PLN Library. The library contains archives of Twitter Chats, Webinars, Book Studies, and Playgrounds.