More from MOREnet 2015
Here are a few more tools I discovered or became reacquainted with during the MOREnet Conference. Michelle will be sharing some of her favorite finds next week.
Now that Google Classroom creates a calendar for each class, you can share classroom calendars with parents.
- In Google Calendar, find the class calendar listed under “My Calendars”
- Click the down arrow to the right of the calendar name
- Select Share this Calendar from the menu
- Click Make this Calendar Public and click SAVE
- On the Calendar home page, select the drop down arrow next to the calendar name and then Calendar Settings
- Find Calendar Address at the bottom of the page and click the HTML button to the right
- Share this link with parents in email or newsletters
You can create appointment slots in Google Calendar and invite people to schedule for an appointment slot through Google Calendar. This could be useful for scheduling conferences or tutoring.
Link Chooser is an add-on for Google Docs that allows you to quickly add links to documents or folders from your Google Drive into a Google Doc.
If you haven’t discovered this already, you can send forms with pre-filled fields to help ensure students select the correct answers on certain questions. This could be useful when you use the form for multiple periods and you want to send each class a separate URL with information for that class pre-filled. If you prefer a video tutorial, check this out.